The story of August's birthday (no abridged version needed). A regular Thursday morning after a few more painful than usual braxton-hicks contractions overnight. Called Joseph, gave him a heads-up that he may want to pack a bag before work (he's in charleston). Go to Y. Do the usual--lift, swim, take Hannah swimming. Run some errands, go to scheduled Dr. appt, tell them I've been having some contractions. Get hooked up, find out I'm at 9cm already. Call Gaida, who's in the area...come get Hannah, we're having a baby! Call Joseph. Tell him the Dr. said not to kill himself to get there (Therefore I think I have several hours to go). Quickly head over to hospital, luckily located right across the street, take the express wheelchair ride (with Hannah) up to L&D. Gaida arrives. Papa arrives. Bye Hannah. And less than 30 minutes later, hello August! Call Joseph...It's a BOY!
Turns out the dr. told joseph not to rush because he knew he wouldn't make it. Although I would have loved joseph being there, less than two hours of labor sure beats 24 hours like with Hannah.
1 |
poor 2nd kid...being forced to wear a birthday hat and girl clothes.
ReplyDeleteAwww...so happy for you all.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if anyone ever takes home a naked baby.
Joseph and I questioned this as well. He was in hospital loaner clothes until departure just in case our only clean outfit became, umm...unclean. Our course there are stores around, but we chose to watch 12 hours of Parking Wars instead.
Delete